The list of priorities, published in the online artsHub, has been developed by a coalition of six organisations: the Australian Major Performing Arts Group, the Australian Performing Arts Centres Association, AUSDANCE, the Media, Entertainment & Arts Alliance, the Performing Arts Touring Alliance, Regional Arts Australia and Theatre Network Victoria.
Bethwyn Serow, Executive Director of the Australian Major Performing Arts Group, said: ‘As a group we are collectively committed to the development of the sector and have worked hard to identify our five shared priorities.’
The full list of priorities is:
- The retention of increased funding to the Australia Council.
- Full indexation to all arts grant funding.
- Increase in national touring fund to support diversity and sustainability.
- Strategic approach to sustainable international cultural engagement and export.
- Strengthening of industry connection with the education and training sector to better align education programs and outcomes with industry needs and expectations.
Read artshub's story here.