In light of today’s decision by our Federal Government to limit
non-essential gatherings of over 500 people, we have considered how you
may engage with us and hope that this information is helpful:
1. Our performances of our 60th Anniversary Gala, QPAC, 20 - 28 March 2020. Following the advice today, and considering the safety of all, these performances will no longer be going ahead.
Here are the essential details:
- We will be working with QPAC to reschedule this important
anniversary celebration and expect to finalise the new dates next week.
- For now, you don’t need to do anything. Your current ticket is valid for the re-scheduled season.
the new dates are available, if you’re unable to make the rescheduled
performances, we would be pleased to action a refund or you may wish to
consider a donation to Queensland Ballet in lieu of a refund. We would
be most grateful.
2. Our performances of Swan Lake, Arts Centre Melbourne, 17-18 April 2020. Queensland
Ballet is liaising closely with our collaborators including Arts Centre
Melbourne. Should it become necessary to cancel or reschedule this
season, we will be in touch with all details as soon as possible.
3. Our Jette Parker Young Artists’ tour to Europe, 12 - 19 June 2020. Queensland Ballet is awaiting details from our international venue collaborators and will inform of any updates.
4. Other Queensland Ballet performances this year. We
are listening to expert advice every day and taking all possible
precautions against COVID-19. Updates will be available as more
information comes to light.
5. Our homes. Queensland Ballet Academy, Beesley
Street Studios and our Montague Road Annex have been thoroughly
sanitised and we will continue to ensure essential hygiene measures are
6. Our classes. Queensland Ballet Dance Classes will
continue at our Beesley Street Studios however we ask that Dance Class
attendees with symptoms or medical conditions consider their personal
circumstances and safety. Should it become necessary to cancel a class,
we will be in touch as soon as possible.
7. Our responsibility. Anyone who is unwell,
including our employees, visiting creatives and dancers, and temporary
team members, has been advised to stay at home.
8. Our dancers and students. The physical athletic
requirements of our dancers and students will be considered and, in the
event of the closure of our studios at Queensland Ballet Academy or
Beesley Street, appropriate plans will be distributed to assist with
maintenance of their fitness.
9. Our behind-the-scenes team. We already have a
positive work-from-home culture at Queensland Ballet that can be
extended if necessary. Key team members are technologically equipped to
carry on business as usual from remote locations.
10. We are here. Should we be required to vacate
Queensland Ballet Academy, Beesley Street Studios and our Montague Road
Annex, contact numbers for key team members will be made available to
We hope that these considerations and our behind-the-scenes
capability reassure you that the show will go on at Queensland Ballet.
On behalf of all organisations disrupted by COVID-19 we ask for your
understanding and patience. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those
who have been affected.
If there is any way we can help during this time, please call us on
(07) 3013 6666. You’ll find the whole Queensland Ballet team is
concerned but just as calm, optimistic and helpful as ever.