Closing Date: 22 Nov, 2019
Black Swan State Theatre Company of WA is looking for an experienced Executive Director to join their team.
Black Swan is Western Australia’s state theatre company, committed to creating exceptional theatre that nurtures Western Australian audiences and artists, and promotes our artists within the state, nationally and internationally.
Since its inception in 1991, Black Swan has earned both critical and popular acclaim for its world premiere productions and highly distinctive reinterpretations of international theatre classics – all of which are infused with the unique culture of Western Australia.
The Executive Director is the Company Chief Executive Officer providing leadership for the Company in partnership with the Artistic Director having mutual responsibility for the overall
financial and artistic performance of the Company.
The primary role of the Executive Director is to ensure sound strategic, financial and operational management of the Company, enabling the Company to develop and deliver an annual core season of works at the State Theatre Centre of WA, within budgetary and commercial parameters, whilst meeting the company’s artistic and creative objectives.
The Executive Director is appointed by the Board of Directors and reports to the Board on all matters of strategic and operational policy and implementation. The Executive Director and Artistic Director are the public face of Black Swan State Theatre Company to all key stakeholders, including audiences, artists, funders, donors and sponsors.
The Board of Black Swan are seeking an exceptional leader who will embrace and drive a culture of high performance and innovation.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Development of the Company’s strategic framework and review systems, policies and procedures to ensure delivery efficiency.
- Management of the day-to-day operations of the Company so that it functions effectively and efficiently.
- Management of the Company’s legal and corporate affairs to ensure statutory obligations are properly discharged.
- Development of the Company programs and activities with particular attention to logistical planning, budgets, resourcing and analysis.
- Provision of leadership to the marketing and development functions.
- Development and maintenance of key external relationships with sponsors, funding bodies and other key stakeholders.
A proactive and dedicated professional, your core experience and attributes will include:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage the financial, human and physical resources of a major performing arts company.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with Artistic Directors.
- Proven capabilities in identifying, targeting and growing audiences and box office revenue through a creative and customer focused strategy.
- Possess exceptional emotional intelligence and leadership qualities.
- Demonstrated experience in working with and managing a Board and associated reporting, risk management and governance requirements.
Closing date 4:00pm 22nd November 2019
Enquiries to Chris Tan on +61 8 9322 0852 quoting ref S51195.
Find out more here