Closing Date: 15 Nov, 2019
Manager, Guest artists
The Manager, Guest Artists will be responsible for day-to-day employment relationship processes for principals, conductors, and creatives as required. This includes casting, contracting, payroll, leave scheduling and management; and travel-related payroll functions.
Opera Australia is Australia's national opera company, dedicated to enriching Australia's cultural life with exceptional opera and sustaining and developing the art form, with over 600 opera performance a year. The Company works with leading directors, artists and designers, and employs a large number of highly skilled people in the areas of scenic construction and painting, wardrobe and wig-making, stage production, management and administration.
The incumbent will work closely with the Senior Manager, Performing Artists, and Associate Producers from time to time for on-going review of workflow, processes and systems to save costs and improve productivity.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in management of diverse work groups
- Demonstrated experience in WH&S
- Superior numerical aptitude with proven experience in management of Contracts and Payroll
- An empathy and passion for the artistic and creative process
- Sound organisational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret musical scores (desirable)
In return for your excellent performance, you will be rewarded with fantastic growth opportunities, a great work culture, lots of on-the-job perks, and a good work-life balance.
Only applicants with full Australian Working Rights are eligible for this role.
Applications close 15 November 2019.