Closing Date: 11 Nov, 2019
We are looking for an experienced generalist marketer with the capability to plan and deliver marketing programs that: amplify the QB Academy brand (locally and further afield); and support dance student enrolments, community engagement and participation targets.
The Marketing Specialist is an extremely well-organised and driven individual who will shape and deliver marketing programs to support Queensland Ballet across the following portfolios:
- QB Academy
The role will also support ad-hoc capital and philanthropic campaigns throughout the year.
ABOUT QUEENSLAND BALLET
Queensland Ballet is a vibrant, creative company which connects people and dance across around the world and nurtures emerging local talent by presenting exciting new works in an intimate studio series. With a culture of creativity and collaboration, complemented by an active program of engagement with our communities, Queensland Ballet has become the central hub for dance in the State. Our dancers are acclaimed for the technical excellence and versatility, and our annual program offers diversity in style, audience focus and geographic reach, with performances in Brisbane, tours around Queensland, Australia and the world, and a far-reaching community engagement program: creating magic, enriching lives.
The facilities at Queensland Ballet Academy’s new home at Kelvin Grove State College will allow the Company to offer a full range of academy training and community access programs, including public dance classes. We are committed to providing a pathway for young talent through our Academy programs and dedicated to the pursuit of artistic excellence, dance education and innovative presentation of classical repertoire. With bold and confident ambitions for the future, including a three-site: one vision strategy for our home infrastructure, we proudly build upon the legacy of many creative and gifted artists and arts-enablers who have been part of the Company’s rich history since 1960.
In conjunction with Kelvin Grove State College, Queensland Ballet Academy seeks to provide an environment that fosters personal growth, and technical skill development, where each individual dancer will be part of an ecology of excellence that develops artists within a unique framework that centres on outstanding ballet training and parallel academic studies.
- Work with the Head of Marketing and colleagues across Queensland Ballet to plan and execute detailed marketing programs to maximise student enrolments at all levels.
- Develop and deliver marketing programs to maximise participation across all Queensland Ballet community and education programs.
- Develop relationship marketing approach for key audiences across QB Academy, Community and Foundation streams.
- Interrogate our data to surface insights that:
- Inform a number of audience journeys: students, stakeholders, patrons, donors and participants; and
- Provide analysis on campaign and program effectiveness and ROI.
- Develop and maintain accurate and timely content across all owned channels (web and social), either writing or outsourcing content as required.
- Contribute to the scheduling and delivery of digital communications across multiple audiences.
- Manage development of marketing collateral and regularly review distribution strategy for these assets.
- Ensure creating marketing materials undergo regular review and adhere to brand guidelines.
- Work across the Marketing team to ensure all new and traditional marketing affirms Queensland Ballet’s strategic goals in-line with the Company’s brand strategy.
- Adhere to budget and deadline requirements, while also remaining flexible within an agile, goal-oriented team.
- Effectively liaise and develop positive working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including design agencies, photographers, printers and Government.
- Represent Queensland Ballet at Company, partner and industry events.
- Remain focused on the analysis of data to ensure Queensland Ballet is maximising its own pools of knowledge to continuously grow and evolve ahead of marketing trends.
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, plus a minimum of five years’ experience in a generalist marketing role.
- Experience planning and executing marketing plans to deliver enrolment/participation targets and the ability to develop and execute relationship marketing programs.
- Strong communicator, with experience briefing, writing, editing and proofreading content for both printed and digital platforms.
- A keen eye for detail, with particular focus on visual content, combined with a curious mindset, with demonstrated experience analysing data sets to inform marketing strategy and tactics, and measure marketing effectiveness
- Demonstrated experience across broad MarTech stack, including Office suite, Photoshop, CRM, CMS platforms.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines within budget and work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation as well as with external partners and suppliers.
- Experience in a similar role where the analysis of enrolment/participation figures and customer/audience data drives insights, activities and priorities.
- Experience in education/community marketing
- Understanding of or interest in Arts sector marketing
20 working days per year (pro-rata)
Ten working days per year (pro-rata)
Six months from commencement.
Hours of Work
Office hours are nominally 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday. The appointee may be required to work at events after hours and on weekends, with notice.
Salary will be negotiated with preferred candidate. Superannuation is paid into the superannuation fund of your choice, currently at the rate of 9.5%.
Queensland Ballet provides a supportive and collaborative team environment combined with the opportunity to play an integral role in a dynamic and progressive organisation that is paving the way for the future of Ballet in Queensland.
Queensland Ballet offers all employees access to weekly dance classes and various other health and well-being initiatives.
To apply for this position please forward a covering letter, current resume, examples of writing work and statement addressing the selection criteria via mail to:
Head of Human Resources
PO Box 3791
South Brisbane QLD 4101
Or via email email@example.com.
Referees will be sought from candidates following the interview process.
Applications close 5pm Monday 11 November 2019. Applications received after this time may not be considered. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified via email on completion of the recruitment process.
For further information or for a confidential discussion please contact the Head of Human Resources on (07) 3013 6666. We respectfully advise that no agency applications will be considered at this time.